Dear Dead Jason
“Recently widowed Veronica records meme filled video messages for her late fiancé about her struggles with grief, suicide and toxic positivity.”
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm (GMT) on the role specific deadline and INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE PROJECT YOU ARE APPLYING TO IN THE SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL.
For more information on what to include in your application go here .
Additionally, if you are applying for multiple roles PLEASE SEND SEPARATE EMAILS FOR EACH APPLICATION
This is not a full-time commitment - we are asking for people who would enjoy getting involved in a project in their spare time. No previous professional experience is required!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 11:59pm (GMT) 20th Jan
IS THIS PROJECT RIGHT FOR YOU? :
- This piece will centre around Veronica’s monologue, delivered by one female presenting performer. Despite being grounded in real life issues and emotions, the piece will be non naturalistic, with the aim to use animations/backdrops/effects/multimedia platforms, depending on the skill set and ideas of the visual designer, to bring the piece to life.
- You will be part of the ‘Creative Direction Team’. This is made up of the director and writer (Jen Moss), visual designer (you!), a sound technician, and a producer (Alice Nottage) who will all meet weekly to discuss progress, develop ideas, and generally have a chat!
- A more detailed look at the project timeline can be seen on the main page here
- Essential: Help develop the visual element of the piece and its engagement with pop culture.
- Desired: graphics/animation design.
- Advise on the best way to translate ideas into a live digital format.
- Collaborate with the director, producer, and performer to develop the piece creatively
PROJECT SPECIFIC APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Please have a read of the script (here) and include in your email any thoughts or ideas you have for the piece! The script is very much just a starting block so we would love to hear the kind of direction you would want to take it in.