Medusa - Vitiare
“A digital installation that’s constantly squirming, constantly being adjusted, reworded, reworked. A collection of short videos that will hopefully reflect the complexities and overlapping truths that coexist in these hurt, healing and living bodies. A space where there are endless right answers.”
This is a rolling call-out with no fixed deadline! Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is not a full-time commitment - we are asking for people who would enjoy getting involved in a project in their spare time. No previous professional experience is required!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: ongoing
IS THIS PROJECT RIGHT FOR YOU?:
- This is a stimulus based collaboration; you will work with Florence (creative director), Gioia (producer), and other collaborators like yourself on the creation and development of this digital installation.
- You will be expected to respond to the following stimulus: *Medusas: bodies that are othered, exposed and contorted by public opinion, manipulated into standing for something, explaining something, being proof of something. Existing on the edge of knowing your body and witnessing its disappearance, its mutation. Owning it, living in it and yet knowing that it’s been robbed.
- You can create any piece of art you want (e.g. sound, text, images, videos, etc.) which will then be overseen and edited by Florence.
- For more information on the project and Florence’s inspirations, click here
- Attend meetings with Florence to brainstorm, check on progress and review the work as a whole.
- Depending on the nature of your work, you might be paired up with another collaborator in order to develop/merge your ideas together.
- Collaborate with the creative director and the other collaborators to creatively develop the piece together.
PROJECT SPECIFIC APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name, age, pronouns, a little bit about yourself
- Few sentences on why you are interested in the project
- (None of the following are a requirement) Relevant experience, past work and/or work you think you might be able to use for this project